Dim Sum at Dragon Palace

After meeting at the ATFT Food Photography Workshops, I started following Nini's blog.

It appears that we always lunch at the same places around town so we decided to meet up for lunch. We decided on dim sum at Dragon Palace - how better to beat Monday-itis, right?

Dragon Palace Menu
It's a pet peeve of mine to see / hear people refer to "Dim Sum" as "Dim Sim". "Dim Sum" is this style of food / eating, "Dim Sim" is some Australian-created Westernised-Chinese deep fried dumpling.

Anyhoo, apart from the minor annoyance, to both Nini's and my delight we both are not fussy eaters and both love seafood! We ordered the usual:

"Har Gau" - Prawn Dumplings

"Chee Cheong Fun" - Prawn in Rice Noodle Rolls

"Xiao Long Bao" - Soup Dumplings

Soft Shell Crab

"Feng Zhao" - "Phoenix Claws" a.k.a. Chicken Feet

"Kai Lan" - Chinese Broccoli

And finished off with some "desserts":

Egg Tarts - My Favourite!
"Liu Sa Bao"

"Liu Sa Bao" - Fluffy dumplings with gooey salted egg goodness
Many people have tried to get me to have these since forever, but I'm usually obsessed with egg tarts so have never really been interested. But one very recent day, since introduced to these by my old school friend, I have never turned back. So so good!

Dim sum regulars will notice that some "staples" were missing, e.g. "Siu Mai" (little dumplings of pork and prawn), "Char Siu Bao" (bbq pork buns) and "Loh Mai Kai" (sticky rice with pork and mushrooms wrapped in leaf). But there were only two of us and I say we did really well! And yes, it was a very satisfying dim sum session.

PS: Some of you may notice that I have referred to the dishes in a mixture of Chinese dialects - I've always referred to them this way and I don't know all of them in just one dialect!

Dragon Palace City Restaurant and Bar on Urbanspoon

Comments