ATFT Food Photography Workshops at The Terrace Hotel

A few weeks ago I attended the food photography and food styling workshops run by Billy of A Table For Two at The Terrace Hotel. It was a great experience - there was good food, I met awesome food bloggers who have inspired me to blog, and of course, I met Billy and learnt tips and tricks on food photography.

I think I'll let the photos tell the story:

ATFT Food Photography Workshop by Billy Law

Shoot. (Made me think of "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" by Lynne Truss)

Billy's World - Macbook Air, Lightroom, Canon EOS 5D & Food!

Billy

Billy

Billy was a very down-to-earth person. So easy to talk to and he was a great teacher too! The workshops over two days comprised of a variety of participants at different levels (beginner, amateur, professional) and of different interests (food bloggers, journalists, professional photographers, and uh, me - hobbyist I suppose?). Regardless, Billy was able to explain different concepts so that it could be understood by all of us, which is a hard task!

A play with props and lighting

A play with composition

With some of the bloggers I met
The bloggers I met pictured here included Nini (middle) and Chompchomp (2nd from right).


Cameraman
This guy (I forgot his name!) was one of the best waitstaff I've ever encountered. He was very attentive the whole time, provided great service, and such a great person to converse with. Here he was very generous taking group photos with the numerous cameras as you can see.

Billy & I
Ah, and of course I had to end the day with the obligatory photo with Billy. :)

Comments