How I Ended up Paying Double for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

If you're a Harry Potter fan, you would've been anticipating the release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - the playbook about Harry Potter's son - last Sunday (31st July 2016).

When I first heard about the upcoming publication back in February, I placed a preorder for the book straightaway.

The few days leading up to Sunday, our local Big W and Dymocks (and the library) were promoting the release. As I had preordered, I didn't take too much notice.

Sunday morning - Walked into Big W and saw a huge shelf full of the book but again, didn't pay too much attention. Big W were selling it for $15 on the day only.

Sunday evening - Checked my order status and it still said awaiting publication! Now usually when I place a preorder on a game, I would have the game on the day of release or sometimes a little bit earlier. I must admit I never really paid much attention to book preorders but I assumed it would be the same. I was quite disappointed the book wasn't already in transit. I was even more disappointed when I realised the same store has the book for less than what I preordered it for! I contacted the store and I'm very glad to say they were very helpful and processed a full refund.

Monday morning - The news were reporting that the book is sold out over the country and people queued up hours to get a copy. I was starting to panic a little bit thinking I might end up with no book! T_T

Tuesday morning - Went into Big W and they sold out Sunday and had no indication of when more stock will arrive. Thank goodness Dymocks has copies so I managed to get my hands on a book!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child $29.99
And here it is! As you can see, though, I paid $30 for it. /sigh

And that, my friends, is the story of how I ended up paying double for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

Comments