One of Those Days

It's been one of those days.. nowhere to go, no one to see, nothing to do.. tick tock tick tock.. just waiting for time to pass..

I used to love days like these. I could watch a movie, read a book, take a bath, sleep, craft, play games, whatever really. But when I'm juggling a baby and a toddler, I dread days like these. I just hope to get through each hour until nap time, then hope to get through each hour until bed time and hope they stay asleep.

Cue the mum guilt - especially with Mstr E. He needs more. There is only so much Olaf's Frozen Adventure he can watch. And only so much rice crackers he can eat. (I should probably start buying Sakata in bulk.)

I'm just so thankful he goes to daycare because it's not right that he goes through days without doing anything or eating proper food. And I'm so thankful I'm not a FIFO mum or a single mum, and I've got so much support from family and friends. These days are few and far in between for me. I can see how one can easily slip into depression if you have to live through day by day like this. It ain't nice.

Anyway, I'm gonna put on my brave girl pants and head out the door with them for afternoon tea or an early dinner. I'm sure cabin fever is half the issue. A bit of air will do us good.

Comments