My Coffee Name

I don't think my name (Priscilla) is particularly unusual. A little uncommon, yes, but not unusual. Yet, many can't say it, nor spell it.

It gets a little bit difficult when I have to give my name for coffee orders. Most of the time, I have to repeat my name a few times, and have to spell it, and they still get it wrong.

A few years ago, I decided that it would be easier for everyone if I adopted a 'coffee name'. My chinese name is Shu Theen, so I figured Susan is a pretty good match. Plus, I figured most people, from different language backgrounds, know the name and would have no trouble spelling it. Win.

My coffee name - Susan

That's how I came up with my coffee name! The only trouble is, I don't always tune in to Susan, so sometimes they have to call it out 2-3 times before I realise it's me. Haha.

What's your coffee name?

Comments