I Hate Dusk

I hate dusk.

Something strange happens to me just as the sun sets. I start getting uneasy. There is a sense of foreboding, like I shouldn't be outside.

And what's the worst? Driving during dusk. Unfortunately, as sunset is around 5 to 5:30ish in Perth autumn/winter, it means that I am usually commuting home after work during the dreaded twilight hours.

I'm not a fan of driving generally. Add that and my bad eyesight which worsens as the light changes - my anxiety levels heighten as the skies change colour.

I've tried calming music, happy music, angry music, no music, having someone else drive... doesn't ease the something-bad-is-going-to-happen-I-shouldn't-be-outside feelings that I have.

It's not that I don't like the night. As soon as the moonlight takes over the sunlight, all is well again.

Anyone else, or is it just me?


Comments